‘Collision’ premiered Friday at the 2009 Desiring God National Conference. If you’re not familiar with it, “Collision” is a documentary on the series of debates between pastor/theologian Doug Wilson and atheist/author Christopher Hitchens on their book “Is Christianity Good for the World?”
After the movie was shown, Wilson sat down with pastor John Piper to answer a few questions about the film:
- Christopher Hitchens said at the end of the movie that, given the chance, he wouldn’t convert the last theist. Why do you think he said that?
- What is Hitchens’ best counterpoint to the claim that he is getting his morality for judging Christianity from Christians?
- What is the relationship between doing apologetics and evangelizing?
- In the video you speak about having “copiousness.” Describe what that is and whether you think it is important for pastors to cultivate.
- What is your hope for this film?
- What about the “s” word at the end of the film? Why do you allow for it here but don’t tolerate it from your children?
- Why the recent upsurge in the New Atheism?
The 2009 Desiring God National Conference is going on this weekend in Minneapolis. The theme of this year’s conference is “With Calvin in the Theater of God.” You can follow along with the conference’s messages and find audio and video here.