As they have done in past years, the folks at Desiring God have collected the talks given at the national conference and put them in book form. The 2007 conference, Stand: A Call For the Endurance of the Faith, is now being offered as a book.
Here is what it says about the book from the DG site:
Many people seek to better their lives by leaving, changing, swapping, or modifying their commitments. But God’s Word holds up a beautiful value that, while difficult, leads to deep satisfaction and great reward: endurance. Such long, steady, hold-the-course perseverance is especially needed within our vacillating generation.
This thoughtful series, taken from the Desiring God 2007 National Conference, not only elevates the virtue of godly endurance but bears witness to its power in the Christian life through the exhortations of John Piper, John MacArthur, Jerry Bridges, Randy Alcorn and Helen Roseveare. Each contributor represents a different kind of endurance: from MacArthur’s longtime, faithful shepherding of a church to Alcorn’s radical obedience in the culture wars, from Bridges’ unswerving patience through suffering to Roseveare’s courageous constancy on the war-torn mission field.
Stand will awaken and solidify rugged, Christ-exalting endurance in people who are weary in their faith journey or who simply long to remain firm to the end. And for everyone who dreams of a Christian culture-shift from brief trial runs to lifelong commitments, this latest offering is a watershed that will serve to seal that vision in people’s minds and hearts.
You can order the book here or, if you want, you can go here to listen, view or download the messages. The topics include:
- Certainties that Drive Enduring Ministry, Part 1 (John MacArthur)
- A Conversation with John Piper and John MacArthur
- Four Essentials to Finishing Well (Jerry Bridges)
- Certainties That Drive Enduring Ministry, Part 2 (John MacArthur)
- Today’s Decisions Determine Who You’ll Be Tomorrow (Randy Alcorn)
- Speaker Panel Q&A (Various)
- A Call for the Perseverance of the Saints (Helen Roseveare)
- Getting Old for the Glory of God (John Piper)